Friday, July 14, 2017

Travel Journal - Day 1

 I recently discovered that I'm actually terrified of traveling alone. First I thought that maybe it's the whole hassle of packing and going through security and planning the trip, and great unknown of what this trip is going to bring me that makes me nervous. But nope, I'm terrified of the whole idea traveling by myself and not being able to rely on anyone if something happens. Most of the people get excited, I get both excited and scared.  Maybe it's previous bad experience, who knows. You would say it's ridiculous, can't agree more. But that's exactly the reason I keep pushing myself to do it, keep trying to leave my very comfort New York home zone. Again ridiculous right? I feel completely comfortable with the whole megapolis thing.
So this fear makes me sometimes consider the idea of just staying inside and watch TV instead of going and discovering the whole big world. As a weapon against this idea I decided that this time I am going to keep a travel journal, which will make me obligated to write anything about my day every day and obviously post pictures with it (lots of friends asked for it). The necessary condition of the travel journal would be not to have a day when I stayed inside and watched TV. Shopping counts as activity though, since it's one of the ways to discover a new city. This exercise will also let me train my writing skills. may creativity stay with me and let's hope I have more than one sentence in mind to write every day. So let's the journey begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment